Re: Usage of real m68k hardware

Hi Finn,

On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 08:11:04PM +1100, Finn Thain wrote:
> Is there actual value in increasing the closed bug count with "wontfix"?

For me there is some value.  Last year I've closed more than 300 bugs in
the Debian Med team and in my Debian work more than 1300[1] just in this
team.  I try to work on any bug severity (including wishlist).  When
seeking for bug targets to squash it helps to have means to find out
quickly which ones are the most relevant bugs for users.  Tagging a bug
with wontfix will move that bug to a separate category.  There is no
need to look into a bug report repeatedly if it is in this category and
thus this tag saves my time.

> Or is there some shortcoming of the BTS that is driving this?

I think "wontfix" is exactly the feature of the BTS that was invented to
solve the problem I described.  The bug is not closed and remains listed
- so everybody is free to ignore that tag and close the bug.  I'm very
keen in applying patches for bugs very quickly and several contributors
know that I frequently upload a package in the next 24h after receiving
a patch.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

[1] http://blends.debian.net/liststats/bugs_debian-med.png