Re: historic m68k meeting video

Hi Christian,

On Sun, Oct 14, 2018 at 11:30:27AM +0200, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
> Sorry for the delay...

No worries, it happens.

> On Tue, Sep 25, 2018 at 04:31:27PM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> >
> > We can fix audio levels easily.
>
> I seem to have problems with this part.

Hrm.

> > - Audio normalize:
> >
> > ffmpeg -i foo.dv -c:a copy -y foo.wav
>
> This produces a lot of this:
> Error decoding audio, skipping audio package: frame_reader_run(), "ffsox_frame_reader.c" (151).
>
> And the resulting audio file is garbage (has the correct length, though).
> When I play the input file with vlc, the audio is ok.

I guess that means that the audio codec used for the dv file can't be
used in a .wav container. I thought DV always used LPCM, but perhaps
that's my mistake.

You can just drop the -c:a copy; that will convert it to linear PCM
(probably at smaller bitdepth, but that's fine, will have to be
downsampled anyway).

If that also fails, maybe run this:

ffmpeg -i <source> -t 60 -c copy fragment.dv

which creates a one-minute sample in "fragment.dv", and then put that
oneline somewhere, so I can see what's happening.

--
To the thief who stole my anti-depressants: I hope you're happy

  -- seen somewhere on the Internet on a photo of a billboard