Re: Debian-9.0-m68k for UAE

Hi Oleg!

On 07/19/2018 10:10 PM, Oleg Levenets wrote:
>   I saw on aminet Debian-9.0 -m68k for classic Amigs. The latest
> version was very old and this is really great news!

Interesting, I wasn't aware that there is a Debian 9.0 image
available on aminet. But it was also just uploaded half a
year ago and I don't check aminet that often.

> Unfortunately now I do not have a real Amiga, can I download the ready
> image for the UAE emulator to see how it works?

I do not know anything about this image as it wasn't created by me
and I don't even know whether this is actually an image and not just
a filesystem tarball.

You can give it a try yourself, although last time I tried installing
Debian inside UAE (I used fs-uae), I ran into problems with the IDE
driver. However, there is an alternative driver for the Gayle IDE
controller now available called pata-gayle as of Linux kernel 4.17
and that one might work better with UAE.

Oh, and btw, you don't really need a pre-installed image. You could
actually just install Debian from scratch using the ISOs we provide:

> https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/ports/10.0/m68k/iso-cd/

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz