Re: BTS usertags: user debian-68k@l.d.o or debian-m68k@l.d.o for m68k?

Hi Pabs!

On 12/19/2017 07:02 AM, Paul Wise wrote:
I was doing some cleanup on Debian usertags and I noticed that some
8 bugs were associated with the non-existent debian-m68k mailing list
while 53 other m68k related bugs were instead associated with the
debian-68k mailing list. I then moved the 8 bugs over to debian-68k
using the commands below and after I did that I noticed that

Thanks for cleaning this up!

Aaron M.Ucko (CCed) had filed a new m68k bug with the debian-m68k
mailing list as the user. I contacted him and he mentioned that the
official advice on the wiki says to use the debian-m68k list.

Yes, the wiki is unfortunately not always the best resource to rely
on when it comes to these things in Debian. Currently the best
way is to ask on the appropriate mailing lists.

https://bugs.debian.org/884467
https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Debbugs/ArchitectureTags

The majority of folks using those tags have used debian-68k instead of
debian-m68k, I don't think having a split between the two helps and I
think it makes more sense to use the official list name.
Does anyone have any opinion on standardising on debian-68k?

Yes, please standardize on debian-68k.

In addition, during my investigation, I noticed there are a number of
bugs with usertags for the m68k-build@nocrew.org user. I wonder if it
would also be a good idea to move those to debian-68k/debian-m68k?

Yes, please. I assume that m68k-build@nocrew.org is the historic
mailing list for Debian's m68k porters. Christian will most
likely know this.

Once there is consensus, I will be happy to update the wiki and
move any of the bugs to the chosen user(s).

user debian-m68k@lists.debian.org
usertags 405929 - m68k
usertags 503383 - m68k
usertags 880517 - m68k
usertags 881736 - m68k
usertags 882189 - m68k
usertags 882452 - m68k
usertags 882555 - m68k
usertags 883038 - m68k
usertags 884467 - m68k
user debian-68k@lists.debian.org
usertags 405929 + m68k
usertags 503383 + m68k
usertags 880517 + m68k
usertags 881736 + m68k
usertags 882189 + m68k
usertags 882452 + m68k
usertags 882555 + m68k
usertags 883038 + m68k
usertags 884467 + m68k

This is very much appreciated, thank you!

Also, @Aaron: Thanks for filing these bug reports. But may I ask you to
always to include X-Debbugs-CC with the appropriate porters mailing
list? Then the people who are primarily interested in fixing the bugs
(the porters) will get notified as well.

Thus:

User: debian-68k@lists.debian.org
Usertags: m68k

Thanks to everyone supporting Debian Ports! Much appreciated!

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz