AW: Status of the FB drivers on m68k

You guys rock :) Thank´s for you work!

Harald

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: John Paul Adrian Glaubitz [mailto:glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de]
Gesendet: Samstag, 14. Oktober 2017 08:40
An: Finn Thain
Cc: Michael Schmitz; Geert Uytterhoeven; Linux/m68k; Debian m68k
Betreff: Re: Status of the FB drivers on m68k

> On Oct 14, 2017, at 4:23 AM, Finn Thain <fthain@telegraphics.com.au>
wrote:

> On Sat, 14 Oct 2017, Michael Schmitz wrote:
>
>>> - Michael Schmitz' ESP driver fixes for the Cyberstorm SCSI
>>
>> Finn's fixes actually, and no guarantee what I have in mind will
>> actually work.
>>

> Just to clarify, Michael and I did reach a solution (i.e. don't
> attempt 2-byte DMA transfers) after we kicked around various theories
> for years, and tested some of them with Stan's help, and fixed some
> mac_esp and esp_scsi bugs along the way. But someone still has to
> write the code for zorro_esp. The code is easily adapted from mac_esp,
> now that mac_esp works properly, since you only have to implement the
> the transfer_size < FIFO_SIZE case or even just the write != 0 case. I
> can help with this patch if need be.

Fantastic.

FWIW, I moved the Amiga 4000 back into my office yesterday but I didn?t get
to hook it up yet, this will happen on Monday.

I have also lots of test hardware now:

 * Cybervision 64
 * Cybervision 64/3D
 * Retina Z-3
 * 2x X-Surf100
 * 3x Buddha IDE Controller

The Buddha will be used for the libata porting by Bartolomej (I hope I
spelled his name correctly) from Samsung.

Adrian