Re: gcc-4.6.3, was Re: Debian on mac68k

On Mon, 7 Nov 2016, Angelo Dureghello wrote:

> I also observed issues with some kernel.org toolchains, at least for
> coldfire the 4.9.x was producing some wrong opcode, due to incorrect gcc
> libs used over linking.
>
> Maybe you can try some toolchains i prepared, they are the kernel.org
> with some packaging adjustments done by me. Let me know in case if they
> work for you.
>

> http://sysam.it/toolchains.html

Thanks for that.

The only problem is that my fast Linux host is i686 and your compiler runs
on x86_64. But it is a convenient way to get hold of a gcc-5.2 compiler to
target m68k/coldfire.

I may have to build a recent cross-compiler to run on my i686 host if and
when my gcc-4.4 build lets me down, or I get time to chase down bugs like
the issue I have with the kernel.org compiler.