Re: Kernel for Atari Falcon

Hi Stefan,

On Mon, Jun 27, 2016 at 2:56 PM, Stefan Niestegge <beetle@abbuc.de> wrote:
> not long ago, thanks to your help, i installed debian to an Mac LCIII.
> Now i would like to set up my Falcon to run debian-m68k again.
>
> Last year, on the Debian m68k meetup, we made debian working on my
> Falcon pretty well. Sadly, some months later, the harddrive died.
>
> Now i want to try it again. The base system disk image T. Glaser
> provided last time is no longer to find.
> If i remember correctly i got a 3.16 kernel for atari from Geert
> Uytterhoeven back then.
>
> I unpacked a chroot tarball from Paul Adrian Glaubitz to the third
> primary partition of my harddrive. I did this from within FreeMiNT,
> which uses ext2 by itself.
>
> Now i'd need a kernel that is made for atari, since the generic m68k
> kernel seem to be to large (ataboot.prg shows message "unable to
> allocate memory for kernel").
>
> Please point me to a place i can download it - or even better,
> explain how to crosscompile it.

Last year I've just used atari_defconfig to compile a kernel for you.

You can download a cross compiler from e.g.
https://www.kernel.org/pub/tools/crosstool/

"make ARCH=m68k atari_defconfig"
"make ARCH=m68k" (add "-j N" if your build machine have multiple CPU cores).

Good luck!

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                        Geert

                                -- Linus Torvalds