Re: RFC: Support non-standard extension (call via casted function pointer)

On 01/26/2016 01:41 AM, Richard Biener wrote:

What I wanted to say is that we preserve the function type used for
the actual call at least until RTL expansion in gimple_call_fntype.
I fixed most of the call expansion code to honor that but back ends
may of course screw up as they still may somehow get at the actual
DECL called.
I think that's a good thing -- however, I suspect there's m68k backend issues that need to be addressed here. So I think we're roughly on the same page.

jeff