Re: Using sbuild with qemu-user-static - was: Re: TODO list for Debian/Linux m68k

Le 16/11/2015 14:43, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz a écrit :
> On 11/15/2015 07:49 PM, Laurent Vivier wrote:
>> In GitHub repo (https://github.com/vivier/qemu-m68k), on branch
>> 680x0-v2.4.0, you can find a LXC script to create debian container:
>> (...)
>
> Looks interesting. I have never dealt with LXC, but I'll have a look.

>> When you find a bug, or want a feature, in qemu-linux-user don't
>> hesitate to send it to me :)
>
> Can you comment on the issue regarding the missing syscall 186 on
> qemu-sh4? I have modified the qemu source code now to make the
> sigaltstack syscall available on sh4 as well and it appears to
> me that this syscall is not architecture-specific but I am not
> sure. At least according to the kernel sources, 186 maps to the
> same syscall on sh32 and sh64 as it does on other architectures.

As setup_frame() and setup_rt_frame() are already defined in
linux-user/signal.c, this change should be enough.

To test your change is not breaking anything, you can use the LTP:

http://wiki.qemu.org/Testing/LTP

> I have rebuilt the qemu version from unstable now (1:2.4+dfsg-4),
> backported it to jessie and added TARGET_SH4 to the list of
> architectures which has sigaltstack. I did my first test build
> by successfully building xbill on qemu-sh4 with gcc-5 and I
> can install and run the game fine on my SH7785LCR board.
>
> Any comments? Can we merge this patch (see attached)?

A good thing will be to post this to QEMU mailing list, but QEMU is in
hard freeze phase for the moment.

http://wiki.qemu.org/Planning/2.5

Laurent