Re: perl 5.20.2-2 missing in the archives

John Paul Adrian Glaubitz dixit:

>Did you forget to upload the perl package you built? It is reported
>as "Installed", but I can't find it anywhere. It might also be

The Installed mark comes from when it’s accepted into the archive:

root@ara4:~ # apt-cache policy perl
perl:
  Installed: 5.20.2-2
  Candidate: 5.20.2-2
  Version table:
 *** 5.20.2-2 0
        500 http://incoming.debian-ports.org/buildd/ unstable/main m68k Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     5.20.2-1 0
        500 http://incoming.debian-ports.org/buildd/ unstable/main m68k Packages
     5.20.1-4 0
        500 http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian-ports/ unstable/main m68k Packages

This is from a dist-upgrade an hour or so after I uploaded
the package. It “should” have migrated to the regular archive
by now…

>an issue with the archive daemon on the ftp server.

… “should” being the keyword here; packages.d.o does not
know it either.

http://ftp.debian-ports.org/debian/pool-m68k/main/p/perl/
is not a very happy customer either. Ask Aurélien.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
<igli> exceptions: a truly awful implementation of quite a nice idea.
<igli> just about the worst way you could do something like that, afaic.