Re: Meetup of the Debian m68k people

Moin,
On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 11:25:43PM +0200, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:

> When meeting with Christian at DebConf in Portland we were discussing
> about the possibility of having another Debian m68k meetup (apparently
> there was already one before I joined the crowd :)).

Oh, you were missing out. In the "old" days we had more or less regular
meetings in Oldenburg, every year at the Linux Day that Joey organized.
This were not official m68k meetups, but a lot of m68k people happened to be
there. Many years after that we had one official Debian m68k meeting in
Kiel, but that was in the summer so we could use a meeting room at the
university and have a BBQ. Now, with the semester starting, and winter
coming, this would be a bit more difficult. But maybe the situation is
different in Berlin, or Rostock, or where do you suggest to meet? We could
definetely have a meeting in Heidelberg next year, though.

> Would anyone besides Christian and me interested in such a meetup? It
> would actually be great to see the faces behind the people on IRC and
> of course we could do some beer-signing as well.

Christmas market in Lübeck/Rostock/Berlin? Or do you want to organize a
hacking weekend? Travelling just for one beer is not very efficient, I
think. But the Kiel meeting was supported by Debian, just like the sprints
are nowadays.

Christian