Re: m68k v3.16 status update

On Tue, Aug 5, 2014 at 10:29 PM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
<glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 05, 2014 at 09:52:58PM +0200, Ingo Jürgensmann wrote:
>> Am 05.08.2014 um 21:40 schrieb Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@linux-m68k.org>:
>>
>> > m68k v3.16 is out!
>> > git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/geert/linux-m68k.git
>> > m68k-queue is getting smaller, but there are still a few commits left:
>>
>> Hmm, what about the Blizzard 2060 SCSI driver from Michael & Tuomas? It runs since then on Akire...
>
> Add to that the X-Surf100 driver that Michael Karcher wrote [1] but
> unfortunately he hasn't cleaned up the code yet and submitted it for
> inclusion in the mainline kernel.

"May I remind you that patches touching areas outside arch/m68k must be
submitted to the appropriate maintainer (use scripts/get_maintainer.pl)."

The current policy is to not add drivers to the m68k repository if they should
go in through other maintainers.

The Atari ROM Port ISA-based EtherNEC, EtherNAT, and NetUSBee drivers
are there because the Atari ROM Port ISA support originated in the old
Linux/m68k CVS repository.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                        Geert

                                -- Linus Torvalds