Re: Arrakis & Vivaldi running BigRamPlus

On 2014-02-11 15:27, Bob wrote:
Ingo - This is great news! Is there any performance increase with the
increased FastRam? What minimum memory does Debian usually need to run
on an Amiga?

If there's any performance increase than only by swapping faster to ZorroIII memory than to disk. This is because we are lacking SPARSEMEM support in the kernel to be able to use the additional memory as normal memory and not only as swap space.

My A3000/040 was running with 64M before I added the BRP.

--
Ciao...          //    Fon: 0381-2744150
.     Ingo     \X/     http://blog.windfluechter.net

gpg pubkey: http://www.juergensmann.de/ij_public_key.