Re: Installing to an Amiga HDF

On 05/05/2014 12:56 PM, Intuition Amiga wrote:
> This is where I get stuck....  I want to do the equivalent of
> 'mkfs.ext4 /dev/sda1' but 'mkfs.ext4 /dev/loop71 doesn't work because
> no such partition exists.

This might help:

http://gareth.halfacree.co.uk/2013/03/mounting-amiga-ffs-hard-drives-under-linux

> GParted is of no use at all as it can't even see the RDB and when i
> tried to use it to create an RDB and two partitions it fails to create
> them at all.

gparted actually works very well with Amiga disks. The problem seems to
be the HDF files where the partitions are located at offset positions,
see my link above.

> I did a  hex dump of the HDF file and it shows that the RDB is correct
> and both partitions have been created starting from offset 0000000989
> up to 0000002236.

Well, you somehow need to set the offset so mkfs finds the actual
partitions.

I have had similar problems when trying to mount an image I created
of a disk that was installed into my Amiga 1200. I couldn't mount it
either, even with the link above. So I'd be interested to read a
solution, too.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz