Re: problem with installing "git"

Stefan Niestegge dixit:

> git : Depends: git-man (< 1:1.8.5.2-.) but 1:2.0.0~rc0-2 is to be installed

Yes, git must be rebuilt. You can manually install an older version
of git-man (which does not Depends on git) from snapshot.d.o:

http://snapshot.debian.org/package/git/1:1.8.5.2-1/#git-man_1:3a:1.8.5.2-1

Then, “apt-get install git” should succeed.

git currently build-waits on subversion, which build-depends on KDE,
which waits for the libav rebuild to succeed. This will take quite a
while.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
<igli> exceptions: a truly awful implementation of quite a nice idea.
<igli> just about the worst way you could do something like that, afaic.