Re: Debian-m68k keyboard layout

Geert Uytterhoeven dixit:

>IIRC, there's no need to create a new layout. It should exist in an old
>version of the/another/a non-debianized package.

This doesn't help us unless it ends up in the right package.

But since src:console-setup builds console-setup-ataritt-ekmap.udeb
it’s probably at least there.

/usr/share/console/lists/console-keymaps-atari
/usr/share/keymaps/atari/atari-de.kmap.gz
are in console-data, depended on by console-common,
but not console-setup – apparently there are *still*
two separate ways to set this up in Debian? I don’t
know since I’m a happy US layout user…

Meh but /usr/share/console-setup/KeyboardNames.pl
in the keyboard-configuration package, which i̲s̲ used
by console-setup, contains:
    'Atari TT' => 'ataritt',

The keyboard(5) manpage from the same package says
setupcon(1) does the job, which again is in console-setup.
Neither says where the keymaps come from, they only mention
console{fonts,trans} in the paths section, and keyboard(5)
seems to be focused on X11 (but not limited to it either).

Ah!

   KMAP   Usually this variable will be unset but if you don't want to use
          a XKB layout on the console,  you  can  specify  an  alternative
          keymap here.  Specify a file that is suitable as input for load#
          keys(1) on Linux or for kbdcontrol(1) on FreeBSD.

Apparently, Debian uses xkb layouts on the console?!

Then make sure to get XKBMODEL in /etc/default/keyboard right.
Ah, that file has got a comment… pointing to a readme file…
voilà!

$ sudo dpkg-reconfigure -plow keyboard-configuration

(or # dpkg-reconfigure -plow keyboard-configuration )

This indeed has got a list of keyboard models, where you
have to select Atari TT instead of 105-key PC.

HTH & HAND,
//mirabilos
--
15:39⎜«mika:#grml» mira|AO: "mit XFree86® wär’ das nicht passiert" - muhaha
15:48⎜<thkoehler:#grml> also warum machen die xorg Jungs eigentlich alles