Re: maintainer communication (was Re: Debian kernel regression, was Re: Modernizing a Macintosh LC III)

On Mon, 23 Dec 2013, Thorsten Glaser wrote:

> > CONFIG_EARLY_PRINTK=y and CONFIG_SERIAL_PMACZILOG=n

Why is CONFIG_SERIAL_PMACZILOG to be disabled? And why was
CONFIG_EARLY_PRINTK disabled?

> I think we need to file bugs in the BTS for each of these instances in
> the future, instead of trying to communicate with the maintainers
> directly.

Sure, if the BTS process would help avoid these mistakes. But I don't see
how it can help when it is downstream of the kernel developers.

Finn