Re: debootstrap and debian-ports

Thank you for your answer

Le mercredi 18 décembre à 17h 26mn 40s (+0000), Thorsten Glaser a écrit :
> Michael Schmitz dixit:
>
> > your finding that packages from both unstable and unreleased are needed is
> > correct (along with the complication that some may not be availabe at any given
> > time).
>
> There’s another problem: even in the main Debian archive, “unstable”
> is *not* guaranteed to be debootstrap’able, and has regularily been
> broken.
>
> Good news for m68k though: eglibc, gcc-4.8 and linux are no longer
> in “unreleased”. In fact:
>
> tg@freewrt:~ $ u=/var/lib/apt/lists/ftp.de.debian.org_debian-ports_dists_unreleased_main_binary-m68k_Packages
> tg@freewrt:~ $ # test idempotency
> tg@freewrt:~ $ grep-dctrl -r -P . <$u | diff -u - $u | wc
>       0       0       0
> tg@freewrt:~ $ # get me all source packages that have packages in unreleased/m68k
> tg@freewrt:~ $ grep-dctrl -r -P . -n -s Source:Package <$u | sort -u
> atari-bootstrap
> atari-fdisk
> gcc-4.6
> gcj-4.6
> glib-networking
> gnat-4.6
> google-gadgets
> libbluray
> m68k-vme-tftplilo
> m68kboot
> mesa
> mysql-5.1
> vmelilo
> webkit

I am reading after my last post, and I realize that I tryied hard to
implement something already available in grep-dctrl...

> We can group them by:
>
> • architecture-specific packages
> 	atari-bootstrap
> 	atari-fdisk
> 	m68k-vme-tftplilo
> 	m68kboot
> 	vmelilo
>
> • architecture-specific patches, packages going away in sid soon anyway
> 	gcc-4.6
> 	gcj-4.6
> 	gnat-4.6
> 	mysql-5.1		(actually already gone)
>
> • maintainer refuses integrating our patches
> 	libbluray		(maybe ping again?)
> 	mesa			(refusal also upstream)
>
> • patches need to be updated against current versions of the packages
> 	google-gadgets		(waits on webkit/gtk)
> 	webkit
>
> • “Build without libproxy, for bootstrapping.”
> 	glib-networking

Nice work indeed (same thing for debian-alpha).
It is now possible (checked mid-november) to install from m68k
on debian-ports a lxc container with qemu user mode emulation
thanks to Laurent Vivier's qemu-m68k (https://gitorious.org/qemu-m68k/qemu-m68k)

> None of them is, however, strictly needed for debootstrap
> (although the architecture-specific packages may be needed
> when d-i’ing a system). I read somewhere that Aurélien
> regularily creates snapshots of debian-ports – which means
> that we can install m68k from these, Right Now™.
>
> deb http://ftp.debian-ports.org/debian-snapshot/2013-12-12/ unstable main
>
> This should work. Maybe Aurélien can “freeze” one of these,
> if needed?

I am not sure : are these snapshots apt-gettable ?
Due to the way they are taken (cp -al, lines 37, 38, 39 of archive-snapshot
in mini-dak, and archive-reindex-meta line 87 ), every package or metadata
is kept, but the Release files which seem to be hard links towards the
current ones (Is it correct ?)

> Back to debootstrap. Yes, it needs support for multiple versions
> (already has some, atm) and the unreleased distribution right now.
>
> I guess APT’s ordering (from a given package, always use the
> dpkg-numerically largest version, ignoring all dpkg-numerically
> smaller versions, period) would work for now, as we don’t have
> the arch:all/arch:any mix in the minbase, base or buildd set
> much (except libsemanage-common). Everything else needs a very
> complicated solver (such as, use an older libsemanage-common
> that works with the libsemanage1 version in the archive) and
> is out of scope for the sh-based debootstrap.
>

> bye,
> //mirabilos (short, caught the flu)
> --
> <mirabilos>    │ untested