Re: Linux 3.10-2-m68k FPU support

On Sun, 20 Oct 2013, Michael Schmitz wrote:

> The docs are quite clearly out of date...

ISTR those docs are older than the most recent work Roman did on the FPU
emulation code...

> Certain mask revisions of the LC040 have a firmware bug that prevents
> floating point exceptions to properly work in corner cases (i.e. when
> the FPU instruction happens to span a page boundary). These LC040 were
> mostly used in early Macs,

Anecdotally, I've always enabled CONFIG_M68KFPU_EMU in my test builds, and
I've occasionally booted them on 68030 Macs lacking a 68882/68881 chip and
also on errata-free, late revision 68LC040 chips.

If there is a test suite with decent coverage of FPU operations somewhere
in the Debian archive, it might answer the question.

Finn