Re: Linux 3.10-2-m68k FPU support

On Sat, Oct 19, 2013 at 5:53 PM, Thorsten Glaser <tg@mirbsd.de> wrote:
>>Please put it back in!
>
> Not without a statement from the m68k Linux kernel devs that
> it indeed does its job correctly.

Doh, I really should have an in-depth look at your .config, and compare it to
multi_defconfig (which does need more stripping!), to catch these things.

FPU emulation should be fine, AFAIK (never used it myself, though).

config M68KFPU_EMU
        bool "Math emulation support"
        depends on MMU
        help
          At some point in the future, this will cause floating-point math
          instructions to be emulated by the kernel on machines that lack a
          floating-point math coprocessor.  Thrill-seekers and chronically
          sleep-deprived psychotic hacker types can say Y now, everyone else
          should probably wait a while.

Hmm, yes, it does look scary... But as usual, there's even less time to
update the docs than to update the code ;-)

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                        Geert

                                -- Linus Torvalds