Re: linux 3.10.1 with initrd (was Re: linux 3.8.12-1 (atari flavour) does not boot)

On Sat, Aug 3, 2013 at 3:37 AM, Michael Schmitz <schmitzmic@gmail.com> wrote:
>  static inline bool arch_irqs_disabled_flags(unsigned long flags)
>  {
> + #if defined(MACH_ATARI_ONLY) || defined(MACH_AMIGA_ONLY)

The above is not needed:
  - If MACH_ATARI_ONLY, MACH_IS_ATARI is hardcoded to 1, so the
    compiler will optimize-away the else part. In that case,
    "ALLOWINT | 0x200" == "ALLOWINT".
  - If MACH_AMIGA_ONLY, MACH_IS_ATARI is hardcoded to 0, and
    the compiler will optimize-away the other part.

>         return (flags & ~ALLOWINT) != 0;
> + #else
>
> +       if (MACH_IS_ATARI) {
> +               /* Ignore HSYNC = ipl 2 on Atari */
> +               return (flags & ~(ALLOWINT | 0x200)) != 0;
> +       } else
> +           return (flags & ~ALLOWINT) != 0;
> + #endif
>  }
>

> (or whatever compiler flag we have to indicate we're not building a
> multi-platform kernel)

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                        Geert

                                -- Linus Torvalds