Re: [issue18062] m68k FPU precision issue

Laurent Vivier dixit:

> Le 26/05/2013 16:23, Thorsten Glaser a écrit :
>> Laurent Vivier dixit:
>>
>>> For the "etc" ;-) , in Qemu, I have:
>> Hm, I thought qemu did not emulate an MMU?
> You're right.
>
> I cheat : I use Qemu in linux-user mode, it means I use m68k user binaries on
> an x86_64 kernel within a linux container.

Hm. I don’t know if I’d call that a valid Debian/m68k target ;-)
But for other reasons. Its FPU emulation seems to be better, though.

I see two possibilities here: either ARAnyM gets fixed and we require
a minimum version (which would break a whole lot of installed user‐
base and be hard to detect… but I’d guess running the test program
in an init script and warning _massively_ if it detects the current
behaviour is a possibility), or we just accept this, support any
legacy userbase, and call m68k the test case for Python’s legacy
float behaviour.

Long-term, the first one might be better… Petr, do you read?

bye,
//mirabilos
--
21:12⎜<Vutral> sogar bei opensolaris haben die von der community so
ziemlich jeden mist eingebaut │ man sollte unices nich so machen das