Re: Testing Debian Sarge M68K DVD with WinUAE

Am 10.02.2013 um 19:12 schrieb "Mark" <markk@clara.co.uk>:

> However with an emulated SCSI CD-ROM drive connected to Amiga 3000 SCSI or
> A2091 SCSI controllers, the installer aborts with an error when loading
> components from CD. Also the check integrity option reports an error.
> There is only a problem when using the DVD ISO, not the CD #1,
> businesscard or netinst CD images.

Hmmm, when does this error occur? May it be a 4 GB/32 bit problem?  How large is that DVD?

> - Which component of the Debian system contains the SCSI CD/DVD driver?
> I'd like to check the source, maybe that could provide some clues as to
> the cause of the problem, whether a bug in WinUAE or a deficiency in the
> Debian SCSI CD/DVD driver.

Usually the SCSI driver is compiled into the kernel.

But anyway, as Thorsten already said, Debian 3.1 is way outdated. But in the long run, when you can manage to make a bootable image of current Debian m68k, UAE would be another option to our users to run Debian.

--
Ciao...            //      Fon: 0381-2744150
      Ingo       \X/       http://blog.windfluechter.net

gpg pubkey:  http://www.juergensmann.de/ij_public_key.asc