Linux/m68k config again (was Re: maintainer communication)

Finn Thain dixit:

>I've seen no discussion of this on debian-68k or linux-m68k. What
>discussion are you referring to?

Oh right, that was a Cc-list conversation including Geert.
Sorry.

Anyway, the intent of the thread on d-ports@l.d.o was
something else. Let’s continue this on d-68k instead.

>The subject of this thread (before you shortened it) was "maintainer

Yeswell but the References header is important, not the subject,
one is supposed to shorten it on replies after all.

>That discussion covered both the usefulness of the serial console (i.e.
>CONFIG_SERIAL_PMACZILOG) and the problematic disappearance of
>CONFIG_EARLY_PRINTK.

Yes.

>> >CONFIG_EARLY_PRINTK disabled?
>>
>> It was never enabled.
>
>Yes it was. See "Modernizing a Macintosh LC III":
>http://lists.debian.org/debian-68k/2013/11/msg00070.html

tg@ara5:~ $ fgrep EARLY /boot/config-3.10-2-m68k
CONFIG_EARLY_PRINTK=y

Interesting. Hm. Must have been the Debian people, then,
or a(n unrelated) change to something CONFIG_EARLY_PRINTK
depends on which in turn deactivated the latter. I wasn’t it.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
22:20⎜<asarch> The crazy that persists in his craziness becomes a master
22:21⎜<asarch> And the distance between the craziness and geniality is