Re: BigRamPlus arrived

Geert,

On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 10:07 AM, Thorsten Glaser <tg@mirbsd.de> wrote:
Why not? Those address ranges are defined in the offical Amiga Hardware Reference Manual and are standardized for Amiga. For other subarchs this is
                                                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
a totally different matter, of course.

And maybe someone will want to put extra memory into other subarchs,
too… I just learned the hard way that hardcoding is often undesirable
(though softcoding may be too much, sometimes, too).

Do you want m68k to move to device trees?
Then we can put all types of memory at the right spot in the tree,
and derive the priorities from the bus topology.

Might be cleanest - please bump the bootinfo version in that case so we can fall back to some default logic if the device tree is absent.

Regarding fallback priorities in the Atari case - FastRAM is always at higher physaddr than ST-RAM.

Cheers,

	Michael

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                        Geert

In personal conversations with technical people, I call myself a hacker. But when I'm talking to journalists I just say "programmer" or something like that.
                                -- Linus Torvalds