Re: Bits from ARM porters

Am 03.12.2013 um 13:40 schrieb Thorsten Glaser <tg@debian.org>:

> I’d love to have a bit more incentive to get people like Ingo, who
> has been doing m68k buildd work for, I believe, a decade, to become

Hmmm, since March 2001, if my archive serves me correctly.

> at least a Debian member. On the other hand, while some of these
> people (porters) will need packaging skills and should attempt to
> become full uploading DD, some (buildd admins) will need more or
> less only trust and some limited technical skills (ofc they should
> be welcome to do more), so we shouldn’t put the barrier *too* high.

Hmm, hmmm, mmmmh...
Trying to convince me to become a DD is as old as running Arrakis as second m68k buildd to Kullervo. Over 12 years now. Back then it would have been easy: just say "Yes, I want to be a DD, here's my gpg key!"
Because I didn't want to do any packaging at all, it became impossible at some point until DMs and such were introduced. Somewhen I decided to apply, but wasn't applied an AM for about a whole year, which led me to revoke my application with great disappointment.

> I’d really like to get everyone who’s got root on the m68k buildds,
> or physical access to it¹, to be a member of the project, though…

Well, this would be the only reason for me that would justify a new application: establishing some degree of trust, well, more official trust relationship than now. But beyond that... well, I don't know if it makes sense to become a DD in a big effort.
Actually, I'm not against it, but I have no problem with not being one. If others think it would make sense, then it's perfectly fine for me to re-apply if I won't face the same trouble again.

When being a DD I could imagine to work on merging Buildd.Net into Debian infrastructure and improve it, if that would be appreciated...

That being said: becoming a DD would be ok for me, but would it be ok with the project as well? The scope of my work would be rather limited, I think...

--
Ciao...            //      Fon: 0381-2744150
      Ingo       \X/       http://blog.windfluechter.net

gpg pubkey:  http://www.juergensmann.de/ij_public_key.asc