Re: Linux 3.10-2-m68k FPU support

On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 10:35 AM, Andreas Schwab <schwab@linux-m68k.org> wrote:
> Finn Thain <fthain@telegraphics.com.au> writes:
>>>
>>> None of the trigonometric or logarithmic insns are implemented (grep for
>>> uprint).
>>
>> If anyone wants to get them working, there's a freely-distributable double
>> precision implementation at http://www.netlib.org/fdlibm/
>
> The FPU is using extended precision.

But we do have implementations of the trigonometric and logarithmic insns
in arch/m68k/fpsp040, albeit directly using other FPU insns, for which we do
have emulation code?

Perhaps we can write some asm macros for simple FPU instructions,
calling into the existing emulation code for simple FPU instructions, and
just include e.g. arch/m68k/fpsp040/slogn.S?

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                        Geert

                                -- Linus Torvalds