Re: Buying RAM expansion from project money

On Sun, Nov 3, 2013 at 9:54 AM, Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@linux-m68k.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 3, 2013 at 9:53 AM, Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@linux-m68k.org> wrote:
>> Does BigRamPlus support RMW bus cycles? That's needed to use it as generic
>> RAM, as the MMU uses RMW bus cycles to update the page tables.
>
> FYI, I've sent an email to Jens.

And he replied that RMW bus cycles are not supported. Oops.

So we have to make sure no page tables are stored on BigRamPlus, i.e.
allocations from pte_alloc_one() and pte_alloc_one_kernel() are done from
"main" memory.

If everything fails, we can still use swap on mtdblock.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                        Geert

                                -- Linus Torvalds