Re: 3.12 won't startup at amiga 1200 [Antworten] [AntwortenAnAlle]

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 10:37 PM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
<glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de> wrote:
> On 10/23/2013 10:10 PM, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
>> On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 9:13 PM, Tuxist <tuxist@tuxist.de> wrote:
>>> my last config http://tuxist.de/config-3.12-rc6
>>
>> That one crashes badly on ARAnyM, as the SMC Ultra Ethernet driver
>> does some bad pokes:
>>
>> Unable to handle kernel access at virtual address 80a30206
>> Oops: 00000000
>> PC: [<0032ca1e>] ultra_probe1+0x26/0x38a
>>
>> Disabling CONFIG_AMIGA_PCMCIA to get rid of all the obsolete ISA
>> drivers that probably won't work on m68k hardware...
>
> Uh, isn't the Amiga PCMCIA stack completely different from the regular
> PCMCIA/PCCard stack of the kernel used for PC hardware?

Yes.

> I'm using CONFIG_AMIGA_PCMCIA with 3.2.0-4-amiga on my A1200 with
> a 8390-compatible PCMCIA NIC which uses apne.c without any of
> such problems.

But disabling CONFIG_AMIGA_PCMCIA also disables CONFIG_ISA, hence
it disables all legacy ISA drivers that poke around in ISA I/O space, and that
Tuxist had enabled in his .config.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                        Geert

                                -- Linus Torvalds