Re: curl

On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 09:44:27AM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> On 28-04-13 19:12, Christian T. Steigies wrote:

> >> ulimit(1)
> > Thanks, that has actually worked in a manual build: ulimit -n 512
> >
> > I don't understand why it works,
>
> Presumably the test checks if it can actually open enough files to do
> its thing, and will exit with exit state 77 if not (which signals to
> automake that the test was skipped)

Where do I get one of those crystal balls?
:-)

> > but would it improve the performance of the
> > buildds if we set this by default?
>
> Highly unlikely. It's more likely that other builds will just start
> failing instead, because they can't open files.
>
> It made sense in this one particular case, but that doesn't mean it will
> be a good idea always.

So how would be handle that in a propper way? Is there a buildd option to
change the ulimit per package? Otherwise it would just fail again the next
time a buildd gets the package, after trying to build it for two days...
Or should this be set in debian/rules somewhere if arch==m68k?

Christian