Re: Atari TT

Geert Uytterhoeven dixit:

>>> That's the vector number, so the actual IRQ number is 112 / 4 = 28, which is
>>> IRQ_TT_MFP_TIMD. Sorry, no clues.

>That's bad. So most probably it's been broken on TT for a long time.
>AFAIK Atari receives most testing on (emulated -- ARAnyM) Falcon.

Ouch. Nothing on this? gemini8 (Bcc’d) reported the same in IRC
using vmlinuz-3.8.0-rc3+m68k-queue+atari-84299-g3f4758a which I
cross-built earlier.

Does anyone have an idea how to help debugging that? I’m sure
gemini8 and, probably, Alan wouldn’t mind booting test kernels.

00:32 < gemini8> Ok, guys. I'm trying to run mirabilos' vmlinuz-3.8.0-rc3+m68k-queue+atari-84299-g3f4758a on my
                 TT. Bootstrap unpacks the kernel, kernel says something about booting, I'm getting loads of
                 colourful pixels on my screen, and the floppy starts to blink.
00:32 < gemini8> That's it.
00:32 < gemini8> Anything I can specify in bootargs to maybe get another result?
00:33 < gemini8> It's the same with resolution I adjust in bootargs btw.
00:38 < ij> do you have serial/null modem cable? then try to add debug=ser to the kernel options
00:40 < gemini8> In theory yes.
00:40 < gemini8> Will have to find me a terminal though.
00:43 < ij> at least you can then see what's going wrong... I just did the same on my Amiga
00:58 < gemini8> https://dl.dropbox.com/u/32922157/linux-m68k/linux-m68k-on-tt030.txt

No idea whether adding (or not adding) -s makes a difference.
Another thing that could be tried (wrt. the video) is the
stram_reserve(IIRC?) option? Michael?

bye,
//mirabilos
--
„nein: BerliOS und Sourceforge sind Plattformen für Projekte, github ist
eine Plattform für Einzelkämpfer“