Re: Has anyone successfully bootstrapped gcc-4.6.3 on m68k?

On 2012-05-19, at 7:30 AM, Vaugha Brewchuk wrote:

> Unfortunately my rebuild with #define DWARF2_UNWIND_INFO 0 died with the same issue while compiling unwind-dw2-fde.c.  I tried reducing optimisation options down to no optimisation with no success.  I then forced the build process thorugh by ignoring this and the new compiler ICEs while compiling the first libiberty object.
>
> Following Thorsten's suggestions I then applied the following patches from debian:
>
> m68k-fp-cmp-zero.diff
> m68k-revert-pr45144.diff
> pr43804.diff
> pr47612.diff
> pr47955.diff
> pr48830.diff
> pr49169.diff
> pr49756.diff
> pr52870.diff
> svn-updates.diff
>
> Restarted the build about 7 hours ago, so it's "stuck" on genattrtab at the moment.  If this build fails, I think I will go back to 4.4.

Just a quick update: the same issue persists with the above patches applied.  I decided to spend some time with gcc-4.4 for now, and will go back to 4.6 a bit later.

Are there any "must apply" patches to gcc-4.4.7 for the m68k target?  Also, is there an online browseable CVS or SVN for Debian ports?  I could not find anything looking like source or patched for gcc-4.4.7, but of course I may be just looking in the wrong places.

Thank you!