Re: The future of an SCC that has been given up on

Hi Thorsten,

Thorsten Glaser wrote:

> what are we going to do now? The Debian Project has apparently
> given up on m68k citing lack of progress

I don't think it's safe to assume Steve was speaking for the
project as a whole in the message you quoted.

>                                          (although the TLS things
> were only started during the squeeze release process, so IMHO
> everything before doesn’t count), and we’ve been denied using
> Debbugs for our packages that aren’t in Debian already (things
> like atari-bootstrap),

Unfortunate.

[...]
> As for bugtracking of packages like atari/amiga/mac68k bootloaders,
> I’d like to ask someone from Launchpad I’ve got connections to to
> set up Debian-Ports as a “distribution” there, similar to how Ubuntu
> is set up,

Yes, this seems like a good idea.

In the far long term, I wonder if something like [1] will be needed to
bring the port back to the mainstream.

Thanks for your hard work,
Jonathan

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2006/01/msg00005.html