Re: MiNT cross-compiler

On 20/02/12 00:56, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
Vincent Rivière dixit:

Did you consider submitting those upstream?
Your question is about the binutils/GCC patches for the MiNT target, right?
Yes, indeed.

It could also be about submitting my Ubuntu packages upstream. They can also be
successfully recompiled for Debian Testing.
Probably, but I’d rather get them integrated into FSF code if
at all possible. Otherwise, I _can_ try to get them into the
Debian packages (properly separated, etc.), but it’s preferable
to have it upstream (so GCC can fix it if needed, etc).

I once asked to the binutils mailing list if I could contribute the MiNT
patches upstream, they told me that the original author had to fill the forms.
Well yes, everyone who has done copyright-worthy work has to
file them.

What components do you use in your Debian distribution, in order to rebuild the
atari-bootstrap package? The full MiNT toolchain (binutils + GCC + MiNTLib +
PML)?
I’ve got no idea. Nobody seems to know, and there seems to be no
documentation what is needed, where or how to get/make it.

I've rebuilt atari-bootstrap. Just ping me if you need something.

Alan.