Re: libffi on m68k failures

Alan Hourihane dixit:

> Attached a patch to fix the err_bad_abi.c failure.

Right. That leaves us with:

Running /tmp/buildd/libffi-3.0.10/testsuite/libffi.call/call.exp ...
FAIL: libffi.call/nested_struct2.c -O0 -W -Wall execution test
FAIL: libffi.call/nested_struct2.c -O2 execution test
FAIL: libffi.call/return_sc.c -O2 execution test
FAIL: libffi.call/nested_struct2.c -O3 execution test
FAIL: libffi.call/return_sc.c -O3 execution test
FAIL: libffi.call/nested_struct2.c -Os execution test
FAIL: libffi.call/return_sc.c -Os execution test
FAIL: libffi.call/nested_struct2.c -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer execution test
FAIL: libffi.call/return_sc.c -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer execution test
Running /tmp/buildd/libffi-3.0.10/testsuite/libffi.special/special.exp ...

                === libffi Summary ===

# of expected passes            1635
# of unexpected failures        9
# of unsupported tests          15

> The return_sc problem looks like it could be a GCC bug with optimizations as it
> doesn't happen with -O0.

No idea wrt. that one. It would surely help if those
programmes emitted lots more diagnostics, to see where
exactly they fail at a glance…

> Not sure what the nested_struct2.c problem is.

… and say what they’re supposed to do, for porters that
aren’t otherwise fiffi developers. I don’t even understand
what this one is supposed to check.

bye,
//mirabilos

PS: Please don’t Cc me, I read this list.
--
> emacs als auch vi zum Kotzen finde (joe rules) und pine für den einzig
> bedienbaren textmode-mailclient halte (und ich hab sie alle ausprobiert). ;)
Hallooooo, ich bin der Holger ("Hallo Holger!"), und ich bin ebenfalls
... pine-User, und das auch noch gewohnheitsmäßig ("Oooooooohhh").  [aus dasr]