Re: Please review this diff for atomic ops in mesa on m68k

Geert Uytterhoeven dixit:

>CAS is a read-modify-write instruction, which is not guaranteed to work
>on all m68k platforms (hence the existence of CONFIG_RMW_INSNS in
>the kernel).

All platforms currently supported by Debian (that is, not Coldfire and
with MMU) should have it, right? I think otherwise the cmpxchg syscall
can be used, but, as I haven’t seen an example of it in use, I’ve not
felt like experimenting.

If anyone feeld like making an upstreamable diff…

Andreas Schwab dixit:

>>> They are now implemented in 4.7.

Great, good to know, thanks. Maybe we can just keep this patch
around locally until such time as 4.7 is used, so no need to
bother upstream. Unless my assumption that all Debian/m68k targets
have CAS or something else with the patch is wrong. I’ve strictly
tested only whether the result compiles. (This will fulfill quite
a lot of B-D now.)

bye,
//mirabilos, who unfortunately doesn’t see an end to dayjob work
--
«MyISAM tables -will- get corrupted eventually. This is a fact of life. »
“mysql is about as much database as ms access” – “MSSQL at least descends