Re: [buildd] Action plan to get buildds getting online again

On 2012-11-24 20:28, Britt Dodd wrote:

Hello, Ive been monitoring this mailing list for quite some time.
Unfortunately, my A4000 is at a state where I need to either put a ton
of money in it to replace the pieces im missing (a monitor or scan
converter mainly). Its a video toaster, but im looking to get rid of
this machine to someone who can enjoy it or put it to use here.

A Videotoaster?! Cool! :-)

I think the monitor problem is the easiest to fix: just buy a new TV flat screen or use your existing one. I just did the same with the old A4000 Micronik tower. Actually I used a LG Flatron L173ST. It's a 4:3 monitor with Scart, DVI and VGA. Maybe you can hook those TV flat panels to your video toaster and get it work again?
Otherwise, before you throw it to the trash, sent it to me. ;-)

Are the distributed builds mentioned here reserved for just
Amiga-specific equipment? I have a Quadra 610 that I could setup and
provide access to for a buildd if needed, provided a working build can
be placed on the HD as a starting point. I also have a Quad Core
co-located server and a i7 machine that a VM or two can be placed on
also (if thats an option).

The buildds are not reserved for Amigas. In fact we had a fairly number of Quadras back then already running as buildds. But Macs are only 040s, which is, well, not as fast as a 060, of course. Additionally Macs do have rather slow SCSI controllers. So the other option, running a VM with Aranym, would be the best option, if someone is willing to act as a buildd admin.

--
Ciao...          //    Fon: 0381-2744150
.     Ingo     \X/     http://blog.windfluechter.net

gpg pubkey: http://www.juergensmann.de/ij_public_key.