Re: Powerpc/m68k issue running test_stack

Dixi quod…

>Ivan Maidanski dixit:
>
>>Could you summarize please you suggestion how to fix this?
>
>I need to make a couple more checks. *Maybe* it got fixed
>with the new eglibc patch already, since the Debian package
>7.3~alpha3+git20121114-1 unexpectedly *passed* all its tests.

OK, after some tests, I can confirm that the patched libc,
independent of the kernel, fixes the test_stack program.

@Debian eglibc maintainers: So this means that yes, please
include the patch when your policy permits (it’s fine if it
is not possible until after the wheezy release and unfreeze,
I’ll carry a patched version until then).

@boehm-gc people: I think you need to not do anything. Note
that I could not test master as autoreconf didn’t want to
work for me, but Ivan, if you could private-mail me a tarball
of master where I just need to run ./configure && make check,
I will gladly do that.

@Debian-68k people: this tests the eglibc patch and validates
that we indeed want it; as for the kernel patch, the test has
not yet compiled far enough to see. I’m running the rebuilt
kernel already (the atari flavour is built early enough ☺),
and it at least shows no regressions.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
“It is inappropriate to require that a time represented as
 seconds since the Epoch precisely represent the number of