Re: [SOLVED] Re: ARAnyM VMs with Debian hanging at 100% CPU usage
- To: Thorsten Glaser <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: email@example.com, Geert Uytterhoeven <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [SOLVED] Re: ARAnyM VMs with Debian hanging at 100% CPU usage
- From: schmitz <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2012 20:08:36 +1200
- Message-id: <5018E404.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <Pine.BSM.4.64L.email@example.com>
- References: <Pine.BSM.4.64L.firstname.lastname@example.org> <Pine.BSM.4.64L.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <Pine.BSM.4.64L.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <Pine.BSM.4.64L.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <Pine.BSM.4.64L.email@example.com> <5014962E.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20120729144831.GA5945@kroah.com> <Pine.BSM.4.64L.email@example.com>
Andreas posted the patch to linux-m68k so it should be included in
Geert's tree shortly, and find its way into Linus' tree in the next
We can always get it submitted through Geert's tree if that's easier.
That's how it has to go, please read
Documentation/stable_kernel_rules.txt for how to get patches into the
Hm, I thought it was submitted to Geert's tree already? I just tried
to write to stable so it will *also* get included there, as this is
kinda… crucial for Debian now :S
We may need to keep a few extra patches against a stable kernel version
(on top of the Debian patch set) for some time.
I'd very much prefer Debian kernel maintainers would accept patches from
the respective architecture maintainers' tree, but that may not come to
happen in my lifetime.