Re: Qt4 idle-spin issue

On Wed, 23 May 2012, Thorsten Glaser wrote:

> I think there may be threads issues with signals and children. This
> occurs a few times during the Qt build process, and in about half the
> time, a zombie was lying around until I attached gdb to give the parent
> a shove.
>
> Sending SIGCHLD to the process doesn't kick it up to live again,
> though.
>
> I don?t do C++ but if anyone else has got an idea??

Maybe running the Qt test suite would isolate the issue.

Someone once suggested that I should run the gdb test suite to try to find
signal handing issues, but I found gnat to be totally impenetrable.

I'm sure it would be easier for a native build, especially with debian's
build tools to assist. (Even better would be a test run on real
hardware...)

Finn