Re: Has anyone successfully bootstrapped gcc-4.6.3 on m68k?

Vaugha Brewchuk dixit:

>Just a quick update: the same issue persists with the above patches
>applied. I decided to spend some time with gcc-4.4 for now, and will

Hm ok, good luck.

>Are there any "must apply" patches to gcc-4.4.7 for the m68k target?

I don’t remember, sorry.

>Also, is there an online browseable CVS or SVN for Debian ports? I
>could not find anything looking like source or patched for gcc-4.4.7,
>but of course I may be just looking in the wrong places.

Debian is not kept in one SCM, rather, each packager can put their
packages into their own SCM. For gcc-4.4 that would be:

http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/gcccvs/branches/sid/gcc-4.4/

Sources for debian-ports would be in
http://ftp.debian-ports.org/debian/pool-m68k/main/g/gcc-4.6/
for gcc-4.6 because we patched the package; since
http://ftp.debian-ports.org/debian/pool-m68k/main/g/gcc-4.4/
does not contain any source, it’s built from stock Debian sources:
http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool/main/g/gcc-4.4/

bye,
//mirabilos
PS: Sorry about the yahoo block thing. It was really needed to
    keep spam levels on our mailing lists down. I was so |<->|
    shy of adding Google Mail to the block list, you know…
--
  “Having a smoking section in a restaurant is like having
          a peeing section in a swimming pool.”