Re: 2.6.37 and other things.

On Mon, 28 Feb 2011, I wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Feb 2011, Michael Tomkins wrote:
>

> > > Doesn?t the kernel set the clock now, before that?
> >
> > Yes,
>
> Well, this won't work correctly unless your RTC is in UTC, and MacOS
> uses localtime not UTC.

I think you would run "hwclock --systz" in that situation (where the
kernel has set the system clock from the RTC by itself, and you know that
the RTC stores local time). Of course, you still need to do this before
fsck runs.

But you can bypass fsck completely by adding "fastboot" to your kernel
arguments (or maybe "fsck.mode=skip"), or create a file called /fastboot
or set the sixth field of the relevant /etc/fstab line(s) to 0.

Finn