Re: Wiki

Hi Scott,

you only replied to me, not to the mailing list. Since you
addressed Britt specifically, I’m taking it back there, but
you’ll need to bounce your posting there yourself as it got
mangled here (basically all non-7bit characters) because
your MTA is broken and mine pedantic.

Scott Holder dixit:

> color I moved up to my old IIci running A/UX and Mac OS 8.1,

*puppy eyes* Please, pretty please, give me ssh access (or, if
must be, telnet access from some box at your place I can ssh
into) to the A/UX with at least one, if not more, compilers
installed, so that I can port mksh to it ☺

https://www.mirbsd.org/mksh.htmhttp://packages.debian.org/mksh

I can send you an ssh public key for access, signed with my
Debian PGP key, if you want.

> I'm hoping I can find a 2.6 kernel that works and dist-upgrade to

No guarantee it works, but please look here:
http://ftp.debian-ports.org/debian/pool-m68k/main/l/linux-2.6/
It has linux-image-2.6.32-5+m68k.3-mac_2.6.32-27+m68k.3_m68k.deb
currently and will get 2.6.32-30+m68k.5 soonish (already built).

You will NOT be able to actually _install_ the .deb, but you can
extract its contents, like this:
$ ar x linux-image-2.6.32-5+m68k.3-mac_2.6.32-27+m68k.3_m68k.deb
$ sudo tar -C / -xzpf data.tar.gz

Then you will have the modules plus a kernel image (stored under
/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.32-5+m68k.3-mac on your filesystem), which you
can try. (I suggest to do this to the -27+m68k.3 kernel, test it
then a-g d-u (first to etch-m68k then to unstable+unreleased, I
guess) then install the -30+m68k.5 via apt (because, once extrac-
ted, the files are outside of the package manager’s view). I as-
sume your bootloader is external to Linux, i.e. needs the file
on the Mac OS.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
FWIW, I'm quite impressed with mksh interactively. I thought it was much
*much* more bare bones. But it turns out it beats the living hell out of