Re: PMU, was Re: d-i built (but not tested)

On Sat, 13 Aug 2011, I wrote:

> The PMU driver is started by adb_init() which is a device_initcall, but
> this happens too late. I worked around the problem successfully by
> making it an arch_initcall instead.

This workaround breaks CUDA so I think some kind of solution to the whole
system controller mess is needed.

Even though most PMU machines suffer from a buggy CPU or a broken SCSI
driver or both, this bug still needs to be fixed -- paricularly for
powerbook 190 (which has IDE and no CPU errata) and powerbook 550 (which
has built-in ethernet and no CPU errata).

Finn