What's left in unreleased.

Hi,

currently, these packages are still in d-p.o unreleased:

- eglibc

  Submitted, they said they will upload after squeeze is out.

- elfutils

  Needs porting. If someone feels like doing it, please do so.
  Otherwise, wait until I get bored enough ;-)

- gcj-4.4

  This doesn't need to be there, the version from unstable can
  be built just fine, used too, except the 4.4.5-9 one we had
  there would need a binNMU against eglibc_2.11.2-7+m68k.4 to
  work in a useful way. So ignore it; the next upload of this
  source package to unstable will move this out.

- gmp

  Fixed in experimental. Hah. Someone other than me should
  prod maintainer about uploading a fixed version to unstable
  as well. (Just in case the one from experimental breaks…)
  The fix is a two-liner.

- gobject-introspection

  I was asked whether the version from experimental exhibits
  the same bug (alignment/padding assumptions wrong), but
  couldn't build it due to b-d not up to date. Maintainer
  seems reluctant to fix it in unstable. However, it's just
  an unimportant b-d for udev which installs without it.

- linux-2.6
- linux-latest-2.6

  These should be obvious. We should try to work on the kernel
  from experimental. I have begun preparing for that before I
  left for VAC, but have yet to pick it up again. Maybe, when
  I manage to build a kernel based on it with the m68k-queue
  patches applied, this counts as test of those patches, and
  they might be pushed? More people could do that IMHO. One
  linux-2.6 build takes me about five days.

- m68k-missing

  Transitional package. This used to be just enough glue for
  locales and to be able to use linux-libc-dev (instead of
  linux-kernel-headers which got removed) together with the
  old glibc 2.7 we used to have in unstable. Nowadays, this
  package is empty and only depends on the new TLS eglibc.
  I will ask Aurélien to remove it by end of 2011 since all
  systems hopefully are up to date by then, and not too many
  people would have gotten the old package anyway.

That’s about it. Meaning, after eglibc, bootstrapping from
unstable might be possible again, although --variant=buildd
probably needs gmp and possibly linux-kernel-headers. For
now, there’s still my repo, being updated constantly, and
the tarball I published, which will be updated after the
next round of compiles.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
  “Having a smoking section in a restaurant is like having
          a peeing section in a swimming pool.”