ARAnyM built packages, and helping buildds along

Hi!

I’ve got a number of questions… I have an ARAnyM instance with a sort-of
sid where I can build packages, and I would, as my primary goal, get the
buildds started again so that the blemish of not having, for example, an
mksh .deb for m68k will be gone.

I’ve talked a little with Aurélien and in #debian-68k on OFTC…

Is it okay to upload packages I built in ARAnyM to debian-ports.org, in
general? I must admit I don’t have a chroot, cowbuilder or something si-
milar set up, but IMHO having some packages first is more important. If
so, can someone please give me the OK to ask for upload rights? (I am a
DD now.)

(I’m also building me an mc package which I could upload…)

Second, I’m in the process of trying to build either gcc-4.4 or… see
below. For gcc-4.4, I’m building the build-deps right now, and it’s
time consuming as you probably know ;-) Does gcc-4.4 work at all? (If
not see below…) If so, we would have a libgcc2 package again, which
would solve a lot of the uninstallability issues.

If not… I’ve thought about uploading gcc-4.3_4.3.4-8+m68k to unreleased,
which would then come with libgcc2 (if it works; the libgcc2 on my sy-
stem is from gcc-4.3_4.3.3-5). Then, the buildds (and everyone else,
really) would need to start using unreleased in addition to unstable,
which is somewhat a regression, but since m68k is on debian-ports anyway
and it would get some builds started again, until the real issues can be
addressed, this could be a good thing.

I’ll place my debs – if I manage to create some – in the following
places if I don’t get upload rights, or until I get them, or – which
is probably better – if I get them but can only upload after approval,
at least for things like gcc – I’m somewhat new to Debian/m68k after
all (currently nothing in there though):
│deb https://eurynome.mirbsd.org/debs/ aranym unstable unreleased
│deb-src https://eurynome.mirbsd.org/debs/ aranym unstable unreleased

bye,
//mirabilos • tg@d.o
--
FWIW, I'm quite impressed with mksh interactively. I thought it was much
*much* more bare bones. But it turns out it beats the living hell out of