Re: amiga 1200

heymanj@acm.org writes:

> On 5 March 2010 at 2:35, Giuseppe Panassidi <giuseppepanassidi@shockdom.com>wrote:
>
>> I would install a full working debian on my amiga 1200 ( AGA )
>> I have an ethernet adapter ( etherlink III pcmcia)
>> I installed a version of debian but Xfree86 does not works
>
> According to the base debian-m68k website, you'll need a 68020/68030/040/060 to
> work correctly.
>
> http://www.debian.org/ports/m68k/
>
> According to http://amiga.resource.cx/exp/search.pl?product=a1200&company=
> the A1200 had an 68EC020 which is not supported.
>
> I've been known to be wrong before, but I have 3.0v1 up and running on my
> A3000 with a 68040, but no Xfree because it doesn't support ECS or the A2410.
>
>> I need help
>> Tnx

Since you managed to install Debian I assume he has 68030+. I used to
have XFree on AGA but its been a long time and Debian has XOrg now.

So you need to be a bit more verbose about your problem. What version of
Debian are you using and what does X say when you start it. You might
want to attach the logfile it writes.

MfG
        Goswin