Re: Two problems

On Wed, 1 Dec 2010, Thorsten Glaser wrote:

> Hi!
>
> First problem: res_init() segfaults, even if I lower the minimum kernel
> version back to 2.4.1 in eglibc.
>
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-glibc/2010/11/msg00077.html

I was able to reproduce this with gcc 4.5.2 20101021 + glibc 2.12.90
20101108 snapshots.

It would appear that the resolver state (_resp) uses __thread.
Interestingly, the problem goes away when your test program is statically
linked. I'm not sure how to debug this.

> Second problem: gcj/gij sometimes aren?t usable, for example:
> Sem_wait returned -1
> sem_wait for handler failed

Both of these look like the kind of bug that the gcc and glibc test suites
would expose. Unfortunately, I'm not in a position to tackle that right
now.

Finn