status report (almost done)
I’m only two packages short of uploading to unstable (when possible) and
unreleased (when necessary): util-linux (which, due to Finn’s gcc fixes,
should work now – jpeg did) and eglibc (just rebuilding with the new gcc
and re-synching against latest sid).
After I upload, however, there are two things users of Debian/m68k must
• install a newer kernel (TLS capable) first
– new images are available in the archive then and (now already) from
• have the following two lines in their sources.list:
deb http://ftp.debian-ports.org/debian unstable main
deb http://ftp.debian-ports.org/debian unreleased main
Without unreleased, this cannot work (for a while only, though, as I
expect DDs to integrate the m68k patches after squeeze was released,
since the freeze is over then).
With it, buildds *might* work again, but I suggest to re-bootstrap
the build chroot instead of merely upgrading (after being done with
eglibc, I’ll do so to my cowbuilders _again_ as well).
I’m likely to also publish new Aranym/Quick images.
I’ll however hold off uploading to debian-ports.org until Ingo has
reported success with the kernel from my build on his Amigas, and
this should give everyone time to veto if necessary.
Statistics, as of now:
• ready to upload to unstable: 158 binary packages (61 source pkgs)
• ready to upload to unreleased:
– db4.7, db4.8 (disable java)
– gcc-4.4 (integrate patches)
– gcc-defaults (disable java)
– gettext (disable java)
– gmp (two-line patch to enable m68k)
– libidn (disable java)
– linux-2.6 (integrate and activate patches)
• being built
– eglibc (for unreleased: switch to NPTL)
– libselinux (for unstable)
– util-linux (for unreleased: fix #578168)
I believe no one can invent an algorithm. One just happens to hit upon it
when God enlightens him. Or only God invents algorithms, we merely copy them.
If you don't believe in God, just consider God as Nature if you won't deny
existence. -- Coywolf Qi Hunt