Re: debian kernel m68k patches for 2.6.29

Hi,

> Atari GEMDOS and Atari partition programs always use 2 sectors per
> cluster. Since FAT16 can hold max 32k entries you can compute the rest
> of information from this (example: 63 MB partition needs 2 kB clusters
> to fit into 32k cluster limit so the logical sector size for 32-63 MB
> partition needs to be 1 kB).

There's something wrong with the Atari FAT option code then - this is what I get
with atari=yes on the first of your partitions (128MB?):

FAT (before atari): FAT bits 0 clusters 32622 sectors 65280
FAT (option atari): FAT bits 12 clusters 32622 sectors 65280
FAT (after atari): FAT bits 12 clusters 32622 sectors 65280

The GEMDOS option code picks a 12 bit FAT even though it should clearly fit into
a 16 bit FAT.

With atari=no:

FAT (before atari): FAT bits 0 clusters 32622 sectors 65280
FAT (after atari): FAT bits 16 clusters 32622 sectors 65280

The larger two partitions exceed the logial sector size of 4k.

> > Yup - did AHDI use particular values for logical sector size and sectors per
> > cluster that we'd need to make sure will still work?
>
> See above - 2 logical sectors in a cluster. That is actually the only
> difference from MS-DOS where they stick with fixed logical sector size
> and are adding more sectors to a cluster, IIRC.

Thanks, that'll help me to find a fix for this patch.